The Site Manager is responsible for all the activities involved in the installation of our automated material handling systems on large, complex projects. You are proactive in reporting and resolving logistic, technical or organizational problems and have good communication with the customer regarding progress, out of scope work, non-conformities, timely payments and all other site related issues. You’ll be part of the project team, led by the project manager. This position will be focused predominantly on projects running at YVR International Airport.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Generates project installation plan prior to the start of installation activities, which describes way of working on site.
- Management and direction of the project site activities to ensure work is on budget, on time and to specifications. Pro-active when deviations are arising or encountered.
- Leadership of installation crews and sub-contractors to assure quality of work.
- Managing installation budget and controlling scope of installation subcontractors.
- Preservation of the intended system design to meet the system performance and technical specification requirements.
- Review of and input into the project master schedule to achieve timely completion of the project.
- Implementation and management of the site safety plan.
- Creation and distribution of site logs, site reports, progress reports and site problem reports.
- Communicate and work closely with various stakeholders including the project team, clients, and subcontractors
- Organization and implementation of the Site Logistics Plan
Qualifications and Skills:
- A minimum of 7+ years’ experience in site management of larger/complex installations with a high level of automation.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities developing and maintaining strong relations with all key stakeholders including the Customer.
- Ability to manage mechanical and electrical installers assuring that work is executed as per the project schedule.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Ability to apply a high degree of common sense.
- Ability to travel as required (potential for up to 15%).
- Valid passport.
- Sound knowledge of contract law.
- Solid understanding of WorkSafe BC rules and regulations.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance pass.
- Technical Degree or Diploma, or Trade Certification with commensurate experience.
for more details.
Note that there are a number of vacancies for Vanderlande in Vancouver. Check their website for the latest openings.