ICC Netherlands Seminar: Trade Controls; current challenges and critical issues from a US and EU perspective
Thursday 17 October 2019, Malietoren, Bezuidenhoutseweg 12, The Hague (13.00-17.30 hrs.)
Over the years international sanctions and export controls have become an import factor on the global economic playing field urging businesses to adapt their commercial strategy and priorities while implementing more robust compliance programs. With new guidance released in recent months from both OFAC (US Treasury), the EU Commission and national regulators exporters are now reviewing their compliance programs and sometimes go further and implement even stricter rules. We are thus very honoured to have a representative from the US Treasury with us who will speak on the new guidelines and recent enforcement actions.
This seminar will provide an overview and update of relevant policy developments and critical issues from an EU and US trade controls perspective and show the practical consequences and challenges of export controls and sanctions for parties involved in the trade of strategic goods.
- Frank Swerda, Member of the Licensing Division, Office of Foreign Assets Control at U.S. Department of Treasury (Washington DC)
- Marcello Irlando, Member of the Dual-use Export Control Team, EU Commission, Directorate-General for Trade (Brussels)
- Jildau Boerma, Sustainability policy officer, Rabobank (Utrecht)
- Susan Kovarovics, Partner/Lawyer, Bryan Cave (Washington)
- Bert Gevers, Partner/Lawyer, Loyens & Loeff (Brussels)
- Gerard Kreijen, Senior Associate/Lawyer, Loyens & Loeff (Amsterdam)
Corporate compliance officers and legal and tax counsel of large and mid-sized companies with an international business presence, seeking to keep abreast of the latest developments in the field of US and EU trade controls.
Fees and conditions
Members ICC Netherlands: Free; Non-Members: EUR 250,- (excl. VAT) per person. If you are not sure whether your company is a member, please contact ICC Netherlands at email@example.com
Cancellations must be notified at least a week before the seminar by contacting ICC Netherlands at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Cancellations later than a week before the seminar will be charged in full.
ICC Netherlands, Malietoren, Bezuidenhoutseweg 12, The Hague
For more information about the programme and registration, please check our website