The Embassies of Canada to the Netherlands and Luxembourg, in partnership with Edmonton Global, are pleased to invite you to a special webinar:
Pharmaceutical Innovation & Production Opportunities in the Edmonton Region
Tuesday, July 21, 2020 from 16:00 – 16:45 (CET)
Join us for an interactive roundtable discussion moderated by Stefan Scherer, Senior Business Development Manager for Edmonton Global, with:
· Greg Klak, VP of Operations and General Manager for GILEAD. Gilead is a global biopharmaceutical firm that established a manufacturing facility in the Edmonton Region to expand their success in North America.
· Andrew MacIsaac, CEO, Applied Pharmaceutical Innovation. API is a non-for-profit that works closely with industry, academia and health institutes, offering a first-in-class model for the commercialization of pharmaceutical research.
· Michael Overduin, Professor & Researcher, University of Alberta, Co-founder & Co-director, DiscoveryLab
· and Canada’s Senior Trade Commissioners in the Netherlands (Sameena Qureshi) and Belgium/Luxembourg (Michelle Gartland)
During this webinar, you will learn about Edmonton Region’s strengths in the pharmaceutical ecosystem including:
- Advanced research at the University of Alberta
- Advantages of Edmonton International Airport as Canada’s only cold chain pharma certified airport, uniquely positioned to take a leading role in the global pharmaceutical supply chain;
- Preferred market access to 51 countries including the European Union with the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA).
Additionally, Edmonton Region has a talented workforce and competitive business environment, making it ideal for companies considering expansion or looking for innovation partners in North America and internationally.
You can register for the seminar here: https://edmontonglobal.ca/pharmaceutical-innovation-and-production-opportunities-in-the-edmonton-metropolitan-region/.
For more information, please take a look at Edmonton Region’s Life Sciences page to learn more about this industry leading area of Canada: https://edmontonglobal.ca/life-sciences/and https://edmontonglobal.ca/downloads/